Diet and lifestyle for Loosing Extra Kilos
It is very important to shed extra kilos on your body. It makes you look fat and destroys your overall personality. if we follow simple dietary and lifestyle modifications, we can loose weight and look slimmer.
- Go for healthy food items; keep in mind the calorie needs of the family and the energy expenditure also.
- Too much dieting. People think that skipping meals and limiting the food choices will help you to shed extra kilos. But, this is an unhealthy approach to weight loss and may limit nutritional intake resulting in a nutrient deﬁciency when used long-term.
- Balanced diet. We should take balanced diet which can give all nutrients required by body.
- Low fat, low carbohydrates and high proteins may help.
- Consume excess fiber. Take plenty of salad and fresh vegetables in diet as it will help to remove excess lipids in blood.
- Take plenty of water as it will help to remove excess toxins from the body. By keeping yourself well hydrated you’ll feel hungry less as well as getting a clearer complexion and shinier hair.
- Adding a regular exercise component to your overweight diet plan improves your chances of long-term weight loss success. You only lose weight by burning more calories than you consume on a daily basis.
- There are many foods out there that are proved to help you to lose weight such as chilli, green tea, berries and whole grains can do various things to help you to drop the pounds by avoiding insulin spikes and keeping your metabolic rate going.
- Consume things that have no calories. Only two things do not have calories- fiber and water. We can consume them excessively which will satisfy our appetite.
- Be active. Make personal and family time active.
- Reduce the time taken for watching TV or computer games. Get involved in more physical activity.
- Do exercises as your personal fitness allows.
- Behavioral techniques may be useful in conjunction with diet and exercise programs to improve long-term weight loss. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a classic example which encourages you to change these behaviors and take responsibility for your lifestyle changes.
- Reduce stress as it encourages eating more in many people.
- Surya namaskaar (Sun salutation), Sarvangasana (shoulder stand), Vajraasana (Diamond pose), Shavasana (corpse pose) are good for loosing extra kilos of the body. These asanas enhances metabolism by activating liver.
- Kapalbhati (Shining Skull), Anulom-vilom (Alternate Nostril Breathing), Deep Breathing, Bhastrika are good for loosing weight as they boost metabolic ﬁre.
- One can sprinkle trikatu powder on the food to be consumed. It signiﬁcantly boosts the metabolism in the body. So, it is very effective in losing weight and lowering cholesterol also.
Amla (Indian gooseberry), Haritaki (Myrobalan), Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Vibhitaka (Teminalia belerica), guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are efficient herbs.