Diet and lifestyle for Delaying Aging
Lifestyle changes can not stop aging process, but turn back the biological clock and reverse aging on a cellular level. if we follow diet and lifestyle modifications we can surely delay the aging process and prolong our youth.
- Consume balanced diet.
- Consume fresh fruits and juices. For example – blueberries, raspberries, oranges contain anti-oxidants.
- Beans like soya beans and kidney beans are good source of proteins and helps counter the wear and tear of body tissues.
- Daily intake of amla (Indian gooseberry) and its products are good anti aging solution. Since it contains a lot of vitamin-C.
- Various spices clove, turmeric and ginger should be added to daily diet as they are good anti inflammatory and possess anti-oxidants.
- Consume pomegranate as it possesses anti-oxidants and neutralizes free radicals.
- Consume nuts as they are rich in essential minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, and selenium. It is advised that one should eat a handful of almonds, walnuts and cashews daily to delay aging.
- Consume tomatoes as they contain lycopene, an antioxidant compound that helps to maintain youthful skin texture and reduce the risk of cancer (especially prostate, lung, and stomach cancers) and heart disease.
- Consume many weekly servings of fish as they lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease and stroke.
- Broccoli is dark green and antioxidant rich vegetable and should be consumed.
- Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water daily.
- Do exercises regularly.
- Adopt the yogic asanas (poses) like sirshasana, sarvangasana, viparitakarani mudra are quite beneficial for revitalizing the body.
- Pranayama (breathing exercises) like anulom-vilom, sitkari, sitali, brahmri, bhastrika are helpful energies the body.
- Have a sound sleep.
- Wear sunscreen as sun exposure can damage your skin.
Using warm water and gentle products are best for your skin. Avoid using products with harsh chemicals.